The Latinos
The Latinos
I remember how he helped me forge my dreams
Childhood fantasy of how it’s supposed to be
Drivin faster cars holdin down a job
To afford the weekend flights to the boulevard
He was the Latino
He was the Latino
As I grew old enough to see my fathers world
Images of success and financial means
I can’t forget who ran his shops and factories
Sweaty hands and faced working to feed
Their families
He was the Latino
He was the Latino
Our childhood friends Arturo and Consueld
said we had it made because we were white
Always together wherever my sister and
I would go
I just wasn't smart enough to see that
they were right
He was the Latino
He was the Latino
Then to college, a protected middle
class world
But there were no Latinos there to
study the proper words
The only lessons learned shattered by
Defeat
The words found their way to the
Project walls
and the war waged in their streets
He was the Latino
He was the Latino
They are the Latinos.........They are the Latinos.........
By Rick Saxton









0 comments: